We start off in Year 10 studying a play, An Inspector Calls, but we will also be covering various Language skills to ensure that you are prepared for your exam in Year 11 as well as the mock exams you will have along the way.
This term, our focus will be on question 3 of the first reading paper which will have you analysing structure and patterns of ideas. You will also be practising writing narratives using an image as a stimulus.
Good luck in your mock exams and especially in your English exams tomorrow and Friday!
Remember the key points:
- Is the question asking you to look at content or the method used by the writer?
- Try to link points together.
- Use quotations to support your ideas.
- Content questions are asking you to make inferences and interpretations about the text – show you understand by saying what the text is suggesting.
- Method questions are looking at how the writer has achieved an effect – ask yourself ‘Why has the writer used this particular word or phrase?’
- On the writing section, remember all our work on Super Learning Day and PLAN!
- Remember to only answer ONE writing question.
- Stay calm and write as much as you can!!
See you on Wednesday!